Part Time Position - 20 hrs per week - Closing Date 5th July 2019
Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/h?preview=Caretaker.doc
No CV’s or canvassing will be allowed. Closing Date for applications 5th July, 2019
Job Title: Caretaker
Company Name: Comhlacht Forbartha an Tearmainn
Craoibhín Community and Enterprise Centre
Location: Currin, Termon, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Ireland
Comhlacht Forbartaha an Tearmainn is the local rural development group covering the parishes of Termon, Garten, Kilmacrennan and surrounding areas in northwest Co. Donegal. It is located 9 miles North West of
Letterkenny, on the fringes of the Gaeltachta (Irish speaking community). It is a community owned facility which includes a childcare centre, gym, all weather pitch, sauna, ICT centre, meeting rooms, commercial units and
GrassRoutes bike hire,
Craoibhín, means ‘young branch’ and the motto for the centre is Saol, Saiocht, Spraoi agus Spóirt, meaning; lifelong learning, fun and play.
It is based in a rural enterprise centre known as the Craoibhín. The role of the Craoibhín is a rural centre or hub where information, services and opportunities are provided for the benefit of the whole community.
At our centre we provide many services and training courses to the local community including childcare services and sport and leisure facilities. Our centre also runs a range of adult education classes from First Aid, Child
Protection, literacy classes for Dyslexic students, Irish Language Classes, Nutrition Information classes and Fitness and Well-being courses.
This post is Funded by the Department of Social Protection and managed by Pobal.
Reporting To: Centre Manager
Main Purpose: The caretaker is responsible for the maintenance and safe operation of the building while he/she is on duty. He/She will undertake general maintenance, decorating and repairs work within the centre
and keep the building free from obstructions and hazards. The caretaker will open and close the centre while on duty and keep the external areas clean and tidy.
· Security - Opening and closing, unlocking and locking of centre and buildings
· Open and close the centre for evening use at times arranged by the Manager
· Monitoring and administering CCTV system, liaising with the alarm maintenance company.
· You may be called out at unsociable hours or at weekends to deal with maintenance issues.
· Setting up rooms for events and clearing up after.
· General maintenance and minor repair work including: doors, windows, toilet seats
and flushes, furniture, tap washers and some painting of doors and walls.(This list
is not exhaustive, but an example) Appropriate painting and redecoration.
· Ensuring that external rubbish is stored appropriately
· Cleaning and tidying of the internal centre building in designated areas - as per manager
· Cleaning of external windows at ground level
· Sweep yards, pick up litter and be responsible for the removal of all debris from
paths, play areas, grassed areas, flowerbeds and all entrances.
· Working as part of the GrassRoutes sales team renting & delivery bikes.
The above list of duties / responsibilities must not be considered comprehensive. They are simply a summary of the main duties / responsibilities that the post holder will be required to undertake.
· A hard-working, honest, dependable, self-motivated person to act as centre caretaker.
· The successful candidate must be able to display maturity, have good interpersonal skills, and be professional in their approach.
· Be helpful, courteous, enjoy and have experience of working with members of the public
· Previous experience in this area would be advantageous.