Job Title: Community Centre Support Worker (TUS Scheme)
Location: Craoibhin Community Centre, Currin, An Tearmainn, Leitir Ceannain, Co. Dhun na nGall
Comhlacht Forbartaha an Tearmainn is the local rural development group covering the parishes of Termon, Garten, Kilmacrennan and surrounding areas in northwest Co. Donegal. It is located 9 miles North West of Letterkenny, on the fringes of the Gaeltachta (Irish speaking community). It is a community owned facility which includes a childcare centre, Gym, all Weather Pitch, Sauna, ICT centre, meeting rooms, commercial units and Grassroutes Bike Hire.
Craoibhín, means ‘young branch’ and the motto for the centre is Saol, Saiocht, Spraoi agus Spóirt, meaning; lifelong learning, fun and play.
At our centre we provide many services and training courses to the local community including childcare services and sport and leisure facilities. Our centre also runs a range of adult education classes from First Aid, Child Protection, literacy classes for Dyslexic students, Irish Language Classes, Nutrition Information classes and Fitness and Well-being courses.
Reporting To: Centre Manager
Job Title: Community Centre Support Worker
Applications are wanted for this post at Craoibhin Community Centre, Termon, Co.Donegal. This is a General Caretaker / Cleaner style role. Knowledge and/or Experience of working with cleaning equipment an advantage.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a quality service to all who access Craoibhin Community Centre.
- To present the premises in a proper fashion so that users of the centre are assured of a clean, safe, welcoming and secure environment.
- Maintaining in safe custody all keys entrusted.
- Check on all the rooms, fittings, and equipment and report as necessary.
- Prepare rooms (organise tables, chairs, etc.) for all centre activities.
- Accept delivery of goods and record receipt of same.
- Document all incidents and breaches of security and report them promptly to the Manager.
- General upkeep and cleaning of the premises keeping all areas free of rubbish, minor repairs and painting as needed.
- Ensuring public areas, offices and group rooms are vacuumed/ washed and polished
- Cleaning and maintaining all areas.
- Keep a regular check on toilets to ensure they remain hygienic and litter-free, and that stock of liquid soap, toilet paper and hand towels are replenished as needed.
- Put out refuse for collection and collect bins and stow securely.
- Any other duties relevant to the post as directed by the Manager.
Start Date: Pending Garda Vetting
Hours per week: 19.5hrs Contract Type: 1 year contract
Number of positions: 1 Salary: Tus Rates
For full details see and to check eligibility